Welcome to the Animal Jam Tribune! I, wingofthesun, am the author of this blog. Feel free to explore the Animal Jam Tribune!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Story of Being Hacked O.O

Ok. This is the story of being hacked. Yeah..!

I type in my username. I type in my password. I click 'PLAY!'. And...
Can't log in. Ugh, I think. I made a typo. So I type it in again.
Can't log in.
Type it in again.
Can't log in.
And again.
And again.
And I can't log in.
Worry begins to seep into my brain. "What if I've been hacked?" A small voice in my head says. "Hacked?! Are you kidding me? Of course you're not hacked!" Another, much louder voice says. "Ok. I'm not hacked." I finally decide.
Meanwhile, my sister numnum13 is begging me to log her in. So I reluctantly open up another tab for her to log in on. And the most terrifying sight I have ever seen in Jamaa pops up.

I'm logged in.

"WHAT?!" I scream. "I'm not logged in though...!" Confusion washes over me. How am I logged in.... But I'm not logged in? Oh no, the realazation hits me. There's only one way for that to hapen...
 Numnum13 instantly goes to the 'airlec13'. "GET OFF THAT ACCOUNT!" She yells at the hacker. "YOU ARE NOT THE REAL AIR! I KNOW THE REAL AIR I'M HER SISTER GET OFF HER ACCOUNT!!!"
The perpetrator replies with a mere,"huh?" Before logging off. Good for the hacker, I think. Log off and run away.
I look at my animals. They're not wearing anything. My tradelist had been turned into a fruit bowl and a snake throne, and my den was locked. It hadn't been locked before.
HACKER!!!!!
I turn the word over in my head, emotions swirling inside of me. Hacker. Hacker. Hacked. Hacked. That was all I knew at that moment. That I had been hacked.
Now I had no idea that the hacker wanted to do more than just take my items.
I still couldn't get over the fact that I was hacked as I log off. Hacked? Why? How? There are so many Jammers rarer than me, so why did the hacker choose to hack me? And then I remembered what my animals looked like. No items. They were all gone.
All gone.
Tears begin to come. Not one at a time, but all at once. I don't even try to hold them back. I've lost my account, I think tearfully. Not only is my stuff gone, but I can't even get into my account.
Then I get the news from numnum13.
"Nafaria9 posted on the Animal Jam Whip that you got hacked!" She yelled, poking her head around the hallway. "Did you tell her...?"
"No..!" I replied. Confusion clouds my mind. How'd she hear about it...?
Reading the post on the Animal Jam Whip, she announced that I had told her about being hacked, and that the hacker had left me a yeti mask. Nafaria also said that she sent me a green pirate sword, so I could get some of my items back. But... I never talked to Nafaria today! Oh gosh! I realize. The hackers been talking with Nafaria9!
Soon, a new comment had been posted on the Animal Jam Whip.
"Nafaria," I had commented. "I never had a conversation with you today...!" After that, I just fell asleep. I was done with AJ.

The next day...

I opened up the Animal Jam home page. Knowing it was usless, I typed in 'airlec13' and my password. I couldn't get rid of the tiny flame of hope that the hacker felt bad and gave me my account back, along with all my items. 
Of course, no such luck.
My Mom walks up to me. "We're going to call AJHQ." She says sternly.
"What?!" I replied, terrified at the thought of talking to the head of Animal Jam. "Uh-uh..."
"That's what we are doing." She says again. "Find out there number."
Still dazed, I click on the 'Contact us!' tab at the bottom of the page. I type in the number, and I wait for someone to pick up.
"Hello this is Animal Jam Head Quarters. How may I help you?" A voice comes through the phone. 
Oh my gosh some one is talking to me!!! Ahh!!! I thought in terror. Terrifying!!!! I hand the phone over to mom. 
That was when I logged in on a 2nd account to find that airllec13 was logged on- and that the hacker was at the Play-As-Your-Pet-Party.
I frantically buddy the hacker and try to go to the party. But then, of course, I don't have a pet. 
Grinding my teeth, I buy a pet hampster, not caring what it looked like or what it's name was. There, I think spitefully. Time to tell that hacker to get off of my account! 
I click on the party.
Nothing happens.
I click again.
Nothing happens.
Again, and again.
I can't go to the party. 
Of all the times AJ has to be slow, I silently scream in my head, it's slow the one time i need it to be fast!!!!!!!!!!!
Anger churns inside me. Great. I can't get to the party!!!
And then the hacker leaves. The hacker goes to all my buddies dens. No no no!!! I want to cry again. It's not letting me go to the hacker!!!!!!!
Mom walks up to me again. She's still on the phone, but she talks to me. "We're going to change your password." She says firmly." 
I sigh in relief. We go to the Reset Password thing and changed it. I was happier now. My password was changed, and the hacker had logged out of my account. Whew.
Mom continues to talk with AJHQ. Then she walks over again. "Someone at school probably was the hacker," she says. "Someone named..." She repeats the parent email that the hacker had changed it to. Smiling, I turn back to the computer to log in as my account. I know the hackers email!!!
Mom finally hangs up with AJHQ. "We're going to change your username." She says firmly.
"What?! Why?" I said in consternation.
"So the hacker doesn't find you again, and so she doesn't become 'friends' with you online." She says. "What do you want to change it to? Airlec? Airlec3? Airlec24?"
I knew there was no arguing. "Airlec... Airlec02." I said reluctantly. Now not only had I lost all my stuff, but I lost my username. Great. 
Later that day, I learn exactly what the hacker was doing at the play-as-your-pet-party.
Playing with Nafaria9, Edwingrim2, FluffiestSlug, and Atreeatree2. Playing, but not in a good way.
And then she gave herself away.
What?!
This hacker makes no sense. The hacker wanted more than just my items- she wanted my account. But she's not getting it. 

So, that's the dramatic tale of how I was hacked.
Am I good writer? :P

2 comments:

  1. Amazing story! Now what happened to the hacker...? *dun dun dun*

    And when will he/she strike next...? *dun dun dun*

    XD. You're a good writer. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!You are a amazing writer and that hacker is plain mean

    ReplyDelete

Are you commenting? That's great! But before you comment, I need to make some things clear.
No Bullying
No Cursing
No Impostering
No Finding a Way Around those Rules
Break the rules, and I'll send my phantoms to come and get you. :P